Australian Earth Laws AllianceThursday, 28 November 2019 - 9:00am to Friday, 29 November 2019 - 5:00pm
115 Victoria Pde, Fitzroy
Please join us for a thought-provoking two-day conference in Melbourne
The conference will bring people together from a range of fields - including earth ethics, environmental education, Indigenous knowledge systems, environmental psychology, deep ecology, arts, law, science, business, religion and eco-spirituality - to address our central questions:
- How do we build Earth-centred ethics in Australian society?
- What barriers prevent people from developing and maintaining an Earth-centred world view?
- How do we address these barriers?
The way we think about ourselves and understand our world informs the governance systems that guide our societies, so our ethical world view is a critical part of the roots for larger change. Earth Ethics orient people towards recognising the interconnected systems of life that we are part of, and in turn help us reflect, make decisions and act in a way that nurtures rather than destroys the living world.
The Conference aims to help people learn and share information about how Earth-centred ethics can be nurtured and built in a time of global ecological crisis and how human societies can continue to build hope and resilience as we face ever increasing environmental, psychological and spiritual challenges.
- Perspectives and approaches from First Nations Peoples
- Earth-centred ethics – with a focus on applied ethics in our daily personal and professional lives
- Environmental education
- Environmental psychology
- Faith, eco-spirituality and eco-theology
- Environmental rights and Earth laws
- Earth centred economies, farming and sustainable business practices
- Science, conservation and climate change
- Arts and creative imagining
Call for Participation closed 30 July 2019
PROGRAM AVAILABLE MID AUGUST
Conference hosted Thursday 28th and Friday 29th November 2019
Conference Dinner will be held on the evening of Thursday 28th November 2019
Early bird rates until 19 August 2019
Registration after 19 August 2019