Tangaroa Blue FoundationMonday, 1 October 2018 -
Bayside Room, Bayside City Council, 76 Royal Ave, Sandringham VIC 3191Victoria
In 2017, seven Source Reduction Plan workshops, helping communities tackle litter at the source, were held in council areas around Port Phillip Bay. Passionate workshop participants implemented a variety of projects; some targeted cigarette butt litter, others coffee cups or straws…
Now it’s time to get back together and see the results!
What is involved in the free catch-up workshop?
1. Heidi Taylor, Director of Tangaroa Blue Foundation, will present about the changing landscape of litter in Victoria, Australia and the world since the previous workshops took place; as you are probably aware, lots of exciting changes have happened!
2. We will look at the cigarette butt litter project that was implemented, and what the outcomes and learnings were.
3. We have an updated, interactive litter map, showing clean up efforts to date.
4. There will be time for networking.
5. If council has any ideas or projects they want community help with, we can see if people want to get involved.
6. If participants are keen on doing more on the project, or something related, we can brainstorm it.
I wasn’t at the first Source Reduction Plan workshop. Can I still attend?
Yes, you can attend! This is a great opportunity to network with other people who are passionate about reducing litter and plastic pollution in the environment.
Morning tea and lunch will be provided. Places are strictly limited so registration is essential.
This workshop is funded by the Port Phillip Bay Fund and supported by council.