Veggie Barter Australia
HVB Permaculture Community Garden- Buttsworth Lane, Wilberforce 2756New South Wales and Victoria
Introduction to Permaculture
Think about a better future - this weekend course is all you need to start your journey to sustainable life! Spend two days learning the basics of permaculture design, which is a perfect framework for developing an organic farm or food garden, creating no-waste household, building sustainable housing and creating a resilient, healthy community. Get the skills to be empowered to live like it matters!
The topics covered in depth will be:
- organic food growing – from urban gardens to farms, including techniques such as soil building, crop rotation, green manures, biological pest control and carbon sequestration
- site analysis, which forms the foundation of a sustainable garden and household design appropriate for your situation
- permaculture design – how to create holistic food producing and waste management systems, based on ecological principles and with low energy input
- sustainable housing – ecologically sustainable materials, renewable sources of energy, biophilic designs
- social permaculture – creating resilient communities outside the monetary economy
...and many more!
You will receive:
the „Introduction to Permaculture” book by Bill Mollison, which the course is based upon
„Introduction to Permaculture” certificate, valid worldwide, that enables you to enrol in a „Permaculture Design Certificate” course.
This course will be held at the new HVB Permaculture Community Garde, located within the grounds of the historical Australiana Pioneer Village in Wilberforce NSW
Morning and afternoon tea will be provided each day
Please bring a packed lunch to enjoy in the garden with your classmates