Veggie Barter AustraliaWednesday, 30 January 2019 -
McGraths Hill Community Hall- 1 Phillip Place, McGraths HillNew South Wales
Join us for a Jam & Can Masterclass
You will learn all the skills you need to turn delicious fruits and veggies (yes VEGGIES ) into delicious sweet or savory jams.
You will then learn how to “can your jam” rendering your jam shelf stable and safe to pop in your pantry for 18 months plus. Preserving your seasonal fruits and veggies for consumption throughout the year.
Wether giving your jams away as gifts, selling at market or feeding your family, learning how to can and preserve your seasonal fruits and veggies is a life long skill to pass down through generations and means to eating clean, preservative free food, handmade in your own kitchen. No strange words or numbers on the label, know exactly what’s in your jar!
What you will get-
• Knowledge and skills to make sweet and savory jams
• Knowledge and skills to waterbath and pressure can jam and other fruits and veggies
• You will get hands on in making a batch of jam and canning it during the Masterclass
• Take home your jar of canned jam made in class
• Take home your workbook containing all information covered in class
• Light refreshments provided