Melbourne Campaigners' NetworkSaturday, 17 February 2018 - 9:00am
Save the Children Australia, 33 Lincoln Square South, CarltonVictoria
A thorough grounding in training skills in a social movement context with a particular focus on tools and activities to help volunteer action groups really power.
Teams of grassroots activists are crucial to scaling up people power and having impact in key campaigns. These groups flourish when they have a strong sense of purpose, healthy cultures and communication, and the skills to act effectively. Trainers and facilitators can make a huge difference to the power of groups.
The workshop is presented by Holly Hammond and India Prior from Plan to Win. It will include:
* How to run engaging short training workshops
* Key elements of effective action groups
* A range of tools and sample curriculum for action groups
* Principles of workshop design
* Opportunities to practice both training design and delivery
As part of the training participants will develop short workshops focused on key needs in action groups. You’ll leave the weekend with new workshop plans and resources to try out in your groups and campaigns.
This workshop is a great fit for you if:
* You play a role supporting volunteer action groups (eg as an organiser or campaigner)
* You convene, lead or are actively involved in an action group
* You provide training or facilitation in social movement contexts, or you’d like to
More details (including fees and presenter bios) on the website link below.