Woodford Folk FestivalSunday, 25 August 2019 - 8:30am
Woodfordia, 87 Woodrow Rd, WoodfordQueensland
Held monthly at Woodfordia (home of the Woodford Folk Festival and The Planting festival) on the last Sunday of each month, TreeHuggers is a community of like-minded volunteers caring for and fostering the natural environment across the site. Since 1994, over a 100,000 trees have been planted at Woodfordia, which was once a cleared dairy farm. During The Planting, many trees and other plants go in the ground and are looked after by TreeHuggers year round. Thanks to the Treehuggers’ efforts, Woodfordia is a truly special and beautiful place.
Come share stories and song around the campfire, laugh 'til your sides hurt, indulge yourself in the Treehugger morning tea, and fill your bucket full of Woodfordia love as you make the space even more beautiful.
When to come?
Arrive Saturday afternoon and set up camp in time for the family-oriented social fireside session. BYO dinner, your singing voice and instruments to join the musical fun around the fire. Alternatively, come early Sunday morning in time for the working bee (8am for 8.30am-12.30pm). Bring sturdy covered shoes, gloves, a hat, sun cream and plenty of water. Please bring something to share for morning tea or a salad to share with BBQ lunch, which is supplied.
When is the working bee?
The last Sunday of every month (no ifs or buts) from 8.30am – 10.00am and 10.30am – 12.30pm, at Festival Hall.
Why do it?
- To give love and care to the land
- To provide beauty and shade during festivals and habitat for wildlife
- To put information, knowledge and expertise into practice
- To participate in and make a difference within Woodfordia's community and provide a social setting for creating lasting and meaningful relationships
- To spend more time at beautiful Woodfordia, because two festivals a year are just not enough
- Over 100, 000 trees have been planted at Woodfordia so far
- During The Planting Festival, many trees and other plants go in the ground - Treehuggers supplement this work and care of the plantings year round
- Working as a group allows for getting a lot done in a short period of time
- Thanks to the Treehuggers' efforts, Woodfordia is now a truly special and beautiful place to be
To organically grow Treehuggers so that every aspect of the environment and its creatures have their own project dedicated to them