Women's Climate Justice Collective and Commonground
Join us for a weekend dedicated to feminist climate justice. Be inspired, informed, and (re)ignite your inner activist with a series of activities and educational workshops.
Connect with other women and gender-diverse folk working across climate, women's rights and social justice movements; and plan together how to incorporate climate justice and women's rights in our collective work.
Workshops will include
- Building confidence in public speaking and holding space
- Feminist climate justice (intersections of gender and climate)
- Indigenous perspectives on climate justice and feminism
- Pacific perspectives on climate justice and feminism
- Effective allyship and solidarity
- Feminist organising
- Self-care and caring for others
When: 25-27 October 2019 (Friday evening - Sunday afternoon)
Where: Commonground, Seymour, Victoria on the land of the Taungurung People.
Cost: $100-180, includes workshops, meals and accommodation. Scholarships available for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Limited to 25 participants. Diverse women are encouraged to attend (nb/trans inclusive). Workshops will be aimed at adults who work or volunteer in the climate/ women's rights/ social justice space. Free childcare available.