Protect the Gold Coast with Gecko - lots of roles including editing, campaigning and bush careLong term volunteer role
Gecko has a wide range of activities in which to get involved, including: bushcare, campaigning, educating, event management, fundraising, submission writing to gain grants, communications, marketing and more, all of which offer interesting opportunities.
Current tasks that need enthusiastic support
- Marketing / Communications Team Members - join our small team aiming to improve our communications and enhance our 'brand'. See our web calendar for meeting dates
- Newsletter Advertising - to canvas businesses and organisations to sell advertising space in our monthly newsletter "Leaftales". A few hours each week; suitable to someone with some advertising or marketing training / experience.
- Library Assistance - to maintain the library borrowing system, database and cataloguing; an experienced and organised person is required to take on the role of Librarian. Only one to two days per week are required; suited to someone with librarian training or experience.
- Campaign Support - a proactive and passionate person to help coordinate our campaigns; this role is supported by our experienced Campaign Sub-Committee / Team. The Coordinator would help keep campaign details up to date.
- Fundraising Support - a go-getter to organise this vital aspect of Gecko’s revenue needs and further diversify our funding sources via benevolent contributions and fund rasing events.
- Membership Recruitment - to keep our membership growing and active by way of continuously connecting with the community including long term residents and new arrivals.
- Bushcare Teams - help restore the natural beach and bushlands in amongst where we live. See the bushcare section of our website.
Current volunteer vacancy priorities
- Gecko Ed Team Members
- Reception / Administration
The Gold Coast & Hinterland Environment Council is the Gold Coast’s peak non-government not-for-profit environment group that networks with a wide range of volunteers and organisations who work together to protect and enhance the natural and environmental assets of our region.
Gecko started after representatives of six local conservation groups joined together in 1989 believing that the organisation would engage with the community and work for the care, protection and conservation of the natural environment and the improvement of the built environment.
Gecko's goal is to ensure the Gold Coast and surrounds become sustainable by way of anticipating and assessing impacts prior to projects being approved to ensure development is undertaken without risks to biodiversity, the ecological system and the livability of our region
To get involved, fill our our online application form.