Tenant transfer fee: $200
No pets, sorry!
We have a friendly, communal, permaculture-gardening, picnic-going, sustainably-minded sort of household, in a quiet leafy pocket near CERES
The house itself is huge, and fondly called the Vinyl Palace due to the spectacular array of linoleum floors that must be seen to be believed.
We have a great setup of garden-beds and fruit trees, as well as (three!) sheds incl. secure storage.
Our lounge includes *that* feature wall, projector for film nights and our regular Sunday dinner/TV night, plus a cosy book nook.
We split bills evenly, have unlimited wifi and source eco-friendly, unpackaged and local supplies where possible.
We have systems for household tasks, dishes etc. so that things run smoothly, and we prefer a relatively uncluttered house.
We are a covid-conscientious house (think regular cleaning, good ventilation where poss, communicating about guests, semi-occasional coronacast chatter)
YOUR ROOM TO-BE:
Approx. 4.4 x 3.6 with a large south-facing window. It also has the cutest vinyl pattern
3-minute walk to Nicholson St and the 96 tram which takes you to the cbd in under half an hour. Short walk or ride to Merri Creek, St Georges Road and the 11 tram, Edinburgh Gardens, Lygon Street restaurants and Sydney Road
• You’re in your 30s-40s (or otherwise grown up)
• Experienced in, or looking for, a communal setup: think cooking and gardening, consensus decision-making, socialising and working on household projects
• Interested in sharing food (we get a weekly veggie-box, buy regular groceries together and cook for each other)
• Mostly vegetarian; we eat mainly organic but have no hard dietaries
• Good at communicating openly and respectfully, negotiating and compromising
• Queer or queer-friendly, into gender and racial equality, social justice
• Into living sustainably i.e. conscious consumption, toward zero waste, using power/water/food wisely etc
• Willing to prioritise covid safety
• Preferably a non-smoker
• Preferably an individual rather than a couple (of course fine if you have a partner who wouldn’t be moving in with you)
A 40 year old bi woman. I work in sustainability (currently wfh); I'm part of a cohousing group; I'm a Eurovision tragic; I'm usually up to one thing or another, often involving costumes and glitter. I lead a busy and active life, but like to share meals and cuppas with my house-family, play games, or veg out with some Netflix. I'm responsible for quite a few baking experiments in the house… and I bake special cakes for housemate birthdays!
A 31-year-old straight woman from Aotearoa/NZ. I tend to occupy myself with environmental and regeneratively-focused things; I’m urban farming for the most part and work for a social enterprise. I am a lover of outdoor adventures, hearty chats, yoga/meditation, live music and snowboarding (oh how I’ve missed you!). At home I do love a wiped bench and beautiful spaces to unwind in, also sharing various screenings, ‘events’, and yummy things!
A 46 year old queer woman from Portland, Oregon. I first came to Melbourne as a fan of Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries. Naturally, I'm fond of detective stories. I also practice meditation, yoga, swimming, and occasionally Parkrun. I am an introvert, wfh as a web developer and sometimes study Japanese. I love living with friends, enjoy our social shared meals and movie/tv watching, and like to try out baking pizzas and pita bread.
If our ad resonates, email us at
Make sure to tell us about yourself and what you are looking for - more is more!
If it looks like a potential match, we can arrange a virtual tour and cuppa to see how we all get along :)